Thursday, September 24, 2009

Its Fall !!



Some say spring is a beautiful time of new beginnings...fresh starts...blah blah blah... as much as I love spring, when you have kids FALL is the fresh start.



Time to reassess daily activities and restore some order to the household.

Gone are the days of barefeet from sun-up til sun-down, gone are the days of lounging on the deck wondering what to have for dinner at 8:30 pm... gone are the days of making beds at 10am and getting dressed at noon...and gone are the afternoon bouts of crap tv followed by mess after mess...time to get busy and put on our shoes and socks!!



It truely is the best time of the year... the temperatures are perfectly up and down all day... its cool at night and I can wear jeans in the day!! From the hours of 7-8 the house is stirring and by 8:10 I stop and bask in the silence...then, clean up the house KNOWING that until 2:30 it will stay that way!!! I love my kids but I love that they go to school and leave me alone all afternoon!!



Evenings become a well defined process ... play, homework, dinner, tub, read, shows and bed its a beautiful thing when by 11pm the house is sleeping!



So an update on school...



Lulu is in 3rd grade this year, she is still the smallest and quietest kid in the class. I will not complain about either of these things!! She really is growing - a little -.



Lacy started 5th grade ... wow, 5th grade girls are weird... it is such a transitional time in their budding little lives. I have to laugh at the boy talk, the girl talk, the changing bodies, and how their perception of the future has changed since these girls were in the single digits!



Branden Lee is an 8th grader which means he "rules the school", he has decided to mentor a "sevie", change his name to Trafalgar and wear a fedora... he is perfectly normal LOL!!! Teenagers are interesting, its like a psychological experiment watching them define themselves, develop character and find their niche.



Andre started high school... 9th grade... at East. Have you seen the electives available to kids these days...its so cool. He enrolled in debate last spring, not knowing exactly what it meant...(other than the girl that gave us the flyer was pretty and smart, which was enough to sell him) it only took one day in class for him to decide that this would be his new passion (told ya so). I will do an entire post on Debate because even I did not realize how incredibly smart you have to be to compete in some of the areas of competition. I can't wait to see him in action. This also means he is working on a debate scholorship, i love that he is thinking big!!



So thats my tiny little fall - chunk- as libbi would say!



Enjoy the changing colors!

4 comments:

Laura said...

THanks for the update, I'm closely related and I rapidly fall behind on a regular basis...
I am so happy Andre is a debater, it definitely changed a lot for me when I found my debate voice...

Libbi said...

Thanks for chunking!

Debate is cool.....and you do have to be smart - i'm impressed.

nielsons*love*family said...

ok how weird?? i posted a comment that said "YEAH you blogged!"
where did it go?

Kyle said...

Congrats Kass. You made it a whole year without a new blog. That deserves some sort of recognition.